cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian_howe
Level: Power Up

Re: Unauthorized Error - The Response is not in JSON format

Thought I'd messed up a flow I have been working for the last week.  Releived to see it's not just me. 

Opened a ticket with our Premier support account will see what they come back with. 

My company migrated to 365 6 months ago.  I have opened more support tickets in that time that the 20+ years as an IT Pro for other products I have used.  I see so much potential for the platform but these constant 'hiccups' are frustrating.

AronBrown
Level: Powered On

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to follow up with you all, I just got off the phone with Microsoft Flow Support team and they let me know it is a known issue and took time to review my flow that was erroring out with this error as well to make sure it wasnt something else.

They let me know the ETA on its resolution is 2-3 days unfortunatley... But hey, at least its not our flows that are the problem. I was for sure my flow had become unstable due to a change with the new monthly updates.

Thanks everyone! - Aron Brown  Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rfecher @AronBrown @ian_howe @JustJamesBoston @MercuryAdmin ,

Please see the information posted by MS Flow Support, which mentions "Starting on 2019-04-30 10:00:00AM some flows using SharePoint online connector started failing with the "Unauthorized" error code.":

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

This issue is currently being fixed, if there are any updates, we would post back in time.

We are very sorry about your current experience.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MickBanlaw

This is also happenning for me for all my flows that start with "an item is created" in SharePoint. They are failing on the initial trigger so the flow does not even run.

Example error is 

Capture.PNG
I have re-created new connections and that did not help. There is no other error other than the word "unauthorized".

For a "Get file properties" SharePoint trigger I get the same "unauthorized" message but with some details.
Error: Action 'Get file properties' failed'
Error Details: The response is not in a JSON format.

This is causing a whole lot of issues here, please fix ASAP!!!

kirstenthomas18

Mission critical for us and creating massive disruptions ! Looking forward to the fix.

WHaywood

Happening across 80-90% of our clients, core business process are toasted not a good day for us

David_Furler

Wow, both annoyed and relieved I found this post. I've spent the day trying to figure out what on earth was going wrong.

SharepointRex

I found the same.

I went to this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/fix-flow-failures

It suggests as below - I did not find the verify password link - but I found a button "switch account"

This allowed me to sign out and back in again of the data point causing the problem and it has allowed me to proceed. I had to do it to each flow as the problem occured which is a 100% pain but.... it is a get around the problem. Hope MS can avoid these sorts of probems going forward - constant stupid little problems like these make it almost not worth the time taken to set them up.

Authentication failures

In many cases, flows fail because of an authentication error. If you have this type of error, the error message contains Unauthorizedor an error code of 401 or 403 appears. You can usually fix an authentication error by updating the connection:

1. At the top of the web portal, click or tap the gear icon to open the Settings menu, and then click or tap Connections.

2. Scroll to the connection for which you saw the Unauthorized error message.

3. Next to the connection, click or tap the Verify password link in the message about the connection not being authenticated.

4. Verify your credentials by following the instructions that appear, return to your flow-run failure, and then click or tap Resubmit.

The flow should now run as expected.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi All,

MS Flow Support has released an update and this issue seems to have been resolved.

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Please check if there is still a issue with the related Flow. If so, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 190 members 5,132 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: