cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Unchanged Flow suddenly throwing error: "request missing 'rootMessage' property of type JObject."

I haven't changed my Flow in over 4 months, but it's suddenly failing consistently with the following error:

"request missing 'rootMessage' property of type JObject."

Any idea what's going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

a Re: Unchanged Flow suddenly throwing error: "request missing 'rootMessage' property of type JObject."

Last edit to that flow is March 2019, that is over a year ago. And somehow it break now. Its a Teams connector.

I manage to solve this by replacing "Post a message (preview)" step with "Post a message (V3) (preview)" step.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Unchanged Flow suddenly throwing error: "request missing 'rootMessage' property of type JObject."

Hello 

I checked the internal escalation while couldn't find any PA known issue with action exception 'request missing 'rootMessage' property of type JObject'.

It seems your JObject request missed specific property. Could you share more about your flow action details and when did you find the issue?

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: Unchanged Flow suddenly throwing error: "request missing 'rootMessage' property of type JObject."

I am having the same issue, I have a flow that runs fine every day since last year, suddenly throwing this error message.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello Suhaimi,

It's not a coincidence. Which connector action report the exception? Have you raised one service ticket with your flow url for further investigation? 

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

a Re: Unchanged Flow suddenly throwing error: "request missing 'rootMessage' property of type JObject."

Last edit to that flow is March 2019, that is over a year ago. And somehow it break now. Its a Teams connector.

I manage to solve this by replacing "Post a message (preview)" step with "Post a message (V3) (preview)" step.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks! This solved the problem for me. It appears the old "Post a message" action is broken.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I have similar issue which we use Post a message (preview)! is the only way to solve is to replace with latest version of action Post a Message(v3)? but if i use Post a Message(v3) if breaks my HTML content in it.. is it possible broken action can be fixed?

Highlighted

Hello

Primary Link on Teams Post a Message (V3) broken?

I too received this error - had an RSS connector to Power BI blog so that every time a new blog was posted, it posted a message to a Microsoft Teams Channel with the Feed Summary, Feed Title and Primary Link.

I tried it with the new Teams Post a Message (V3) - however, the Primary Link just gives plain text url in the Teams post on the channel, not the http link.

Update:  Please ignore - have now resolved by amending code in Code View Mode and wrapping Primary Link with <a href=... and link text.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,852)