cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Update Item action (SharePoint) fields reset blank values to "No" randomly

Hello, 

When using the SharePoint Update Item action with a list containing Yes/No columns, you need to remove "No" from the Update Item action fields to prevent the list items values being overwritten with "No". This is counterintuitive, as all other columns are empty by default, thus not causing an update on the item... but that's an issue for another post.

At some point during my testing the flow, the fields in the Update Item action got reset back to "No", unintentionally updating all the values on an list item previously being ignored.

As I've been unable to figure out how this happened, I'm unable to trust Flow to not do it again in the future and destroy live data. 

Does anyone know how this could have happened?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update Item action (SharePoint) fields reset blank values to "No" randomly

Hi @Sams ,

Could you share the details of the Flow configuration?

If other actions can get the value of the corresponding field of the current item, then you can use that Dynamic content to configure this field, so you can avoid similar errors.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,542)