cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update item error

This is my workflow for my item update highlighted in yellow. Yesterday the flow was working perfectly but today it seems that it is giving me this error. Is this a bug?

it's either this error

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "Could not parse lookup value.",
  "source": "https://jelglobal.sharepoint.com/sites/Intranet/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.UpdateListItem",
  "errors": [
    "-1",
    "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPConnectorException"
  ]
}

or this error:

{
  "message": "User value is invalid.",
  "source": "https://jelglobal.sharepoint.com/sites/Intranet/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.UpdateListItem",
    "-1",
  ]
}

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Update item error

I have the same error (User Value is Invalid).  Was working fine yesterday but not today.

I haven't changed anything.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same here. Yesterday it just stopped working. Any solution?

Highlighted

My solution was:

Created Update item action BEFORE action with error. Resubmitted flow (no error were), deleted previously created action. Now works fine.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I tried that method too and It didn't work.

Highlighted

try to relink account which u use for action.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I created a new workflow with a different account and it still didnt work but somehow I realize that creating a SharePoint list without a lookup field works. The problem now is that it was working fine last week and this week, it gives me an error. 

Is there a workaround solution for this without having to re-create a SharePoint list without a lookup field? I need that for my workflow Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our problems are not the same, but it seems that there are sufficient problems that causes many failures. I have seen creation failed, data fields blanked out and permission denied only to clear in a few minutes and then reoccur a little later.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I have the same issue on my flow. I try to recreat user connection on this flow but it still to doesn'n work.

Please I need a solution, this is our Holliday form..

{ "Pragma": "no-cache", "x-ms-request-id": "c1769669-6704-4edb-beef-6159c7210f7a", "Cache-Control": "no-cache", "Date": "Fri, 14 Apr 2017 10:05:16 GMT", "Set-Cookie": 

Path=/;Domain=127.0.0.1",
  "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0",
  "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319",
  "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET",
  "Content-Length": "199",
  "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
  "Expires": "-1"
}
Body
{
  "message": "User value is invalid.",
  "source": "https://cloud4me.sharepoint.com/wandesk/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.CreateListItem",
    "-1",
  ]
}
Highlighted

I have the same problem but in Logic Apps. I ended up on this post after googling for "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPConnectorException"

Interestingly, I don't have this problem when creating the exact same workflow in Flow.

I also had a lookup field. I removed it and I had the same results.

I also created an update action before the failing action and I had the same results.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,011)