cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dereklin
Level: Powered On

Re: Update item error

I received that email on the 20 april with the same message. I am hoping they can resolve this issue soon as it has been 2 - 3 weeks already Man Indifferent 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just started getting this error as well this morning... Having worked with Office365 for a while now my first reaction was to delete everything and rebuild the Flow. Alas, didn't work this time.

Anyone else had Microsoft come back to them with a solution for this?
There is nothing about this as a service disruption in the Office365 Admin Portal...

dereklin

Since Microsoft did not reply for so long. I have spend over the week testing and narrowing down the issue. So the work around solution is below:

1. In your list, the Lookup Type and Person or Group type. Make sure the "Require that this column contains information" is noCapture.PNGCapture2.PNG
  2. The workflow should be able to work once you do that.
  3. If the field is required for that, you could use a third party application for the front end to validate. I am using form builder by Norbrik for the front end to validate it.

jacen83

Hi Dereklin,

I am still getting the same error. Did you re-create your flows from scratch to get this to work?

Thanks!

dereklin

Nope I didnt. On the flow, try updating your "update item" by reinserting the value again. If all else fail, try setting all the field except for the title to "no"

linky_07

Hi,

Microsoft have replied to us and stated that fixes are now being implimented and should all be working by 1st May, I'm not holding my breath and wonder what will stop working next!

Hope this helps

Becky

dereklin

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the update. 🙂

Aaresl

Hi dereklin,

Thanks for the workaround!
My flow now works, sort of..
No more error "User value is invalid" and list item's text field is updated.
But in addition it erases the value of that now unrequired "Person or Group" type field.
Strange...

felique

Hellow to everyone... i get crazy with the problem and i did so many discards... i get it work!!! when i create the flow with edge i get the problem... when i create the flow with Crhome the problem disapear...
test... please!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

none of these workarounds worked at my end 😞

I raised a support case with Microsoft though 0365 admin portal as well and got the same response, 1st May for a fix.

From reading this thread it's quite unnacceptable that it would take upwards of 3 weeks to get a fix for a problem outside of our control. What if many company approvals are running on this? What are we supposed to do for 3 weeks while waiting??

Luckily in my case we have only moved a couple workflows from SharePoint workflows into Flow so business impact is fairly minimal. Microsoft if you're going to deprecate a product, at least make sure you have a decent support and update policy around the product replacing it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 324 members 6,762 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: