cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonTocker
Frequent Visitor

User().Email display UPN value not Email

Hi,

at this point in time Im working with a company that does not use the users Email as the UPN, this is a valid approach, its allowed,  whilst it causes problems with Invites to 365 sites, it is a valid scenario.

When In powerapps,  I I use the function User().Email,  then the users UPN is displayed,   this is not the users Email, but in testing because everyone users an email address in the UPN it is easily missed in testing.

In the picture below I hid the actual text being returned,   but the label below shows the format of the companies UPN,   it would look like   

X99999@company.com   

The users SAMAccount is the prefix and the companys actual domain is the suffix,   it looks like an email address, but isnt and isnt tied to an exchange alias either.   So it cannot be used as an email,   

The User().Email   function and property needs to get the actual AzureAD email field.

UPN.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: User().Email display UPN value not Email

Hi @SimonTocker,

This doesn't seem to be about MS Flow. I didn't find anything about MS Flow from the content you provided.

This should be about PowerApps, I wonder that you should have not submitted your issue in the expected community.

You could report your issue in the PowerApps community.

If you have any questions about MS Flow, please provide detailed information, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SimonTocker,

This doesn't seem to be about MS Flow. I didn't find anything about MS Flow from the content you provided.

This should be about PowerApps, I wonder that you should have not submitted your issue in the expected community.

You could report your issue in the PowerApps community.

If you have any questions about MS Flow, please provide detailed information, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

SimonTocker
Frequent Visitor

How dumb do I feel this morning 🙂

Thanks Barry will do,  

Id delete this topic if I could.

Simon

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,008)