cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppande
Advocate III
Advocate III

Version Control comments for a file from Sharepoint site are not pulled into Flow?

Hello,

I am trying to send version control comments of a file in Sharepoint as a part of email notificatition. I am using Sharepoint - File changed or modified(properties only) trigger for the flow. Is it possible to do it? Or is there any other connector for this?

3 REPLIES 3
ppande
Advocate III
Advocate III

Sarnst
Frequent Visitor

That would be really good to have. To have the comments copied into another list with the version (the version is possible) let me know if you've found a way. It would be really good to see these over having to ask the users to put it in another column.
sudharsan1985
Super User
Super User

Hi @ppande 

Sending the document published version comments is possible in Power Automate using the action 'Send an HTTP request to SharePoint'. Once the document is created or modified and it checked in with comments, the flow can be triggered and by sending the fullpath of the file to the API call, the version comments can be retrieved. Please refer to the below screenshot.

Flow Res 6.png

The output of the above action can be retrieved using 'body('Send_an_HTTP_request_to_SharePoint')?['value']'

Please mark it as the solution if it resolves your issue

-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (38,582)