cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adee

When an item or a file is modified trigger not working.

I have a couple of flows that perform tasks bases on if a column on a SharePoint list item has changed or not. However, the flow wont run when I use the trigger "When an item or a file is modified". For it to work, I have to use the trigger "When an item or a file is created or modified". This causes an issue where the flow triggers and fails when ever an item is created, whereas I only want it to trigger when it is modified. 

My troubleshooting led me to believe that my list is somehow bugged. I even tried to make the simplest flow that sends me an email whenever an item is modified, but the flow still wont trigger. I have tried the solutions mentioned in multiple threads here on this forum, but nothing works for me. Is there some way I can modify my list or trigger for it to work?

BR,

Adrian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adee,

The trigger could work properly on my side:

Screenshot 2020-12-23 110921.jpg

How do you structure the Flow? Create it from a template or blank?

If you created it from a template, please try to create it from blank.

If you not, please check the connection of SharePoint connector, check if the connection is valid, and recreate a new connection.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adee,

The trigger could work properly on my side:

Screenshot 2020-12-23 110921.jpg

How do you structure the Flow? Create it from a template or blank?

If you created it from a template, please try to create it from blank.

If you not, please check the connection of SharePoint connector, check if the connection is valid, and recreate a new connection.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

cjpm123

My flow suddenly stopped working. I agreed the "When an item or a file is modified" trigger is not working. My connections are fine. Any help/info is appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (68,283)