cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGewehr
Regular Visitor

When content of a sharepoint library is changed via a synced folder on a desktop, the trigger "when a file created or modified(properties only)" will not fire

I want to fire some teams events whenever something has changed on a specific sharepoint library.

Therefor I created two flows that observe a folder in the sharepoint library:

• Type GetOnUpdatedFileItems
  • Type GetOnDeletedFileItems

I found that my "updated" flow does not fire correctly on the following activities on my synced sharepoint folder in Windows :

• folder create with name unequal "new Folder" ("New folder" gets alerted as deleted by trigger "deleted" when you rename it which is also not perfect, it was just renamed...)
  • creating a file with file new - docx for example, others as well

Deletion of those elements gets successfully triggered through my "deleted" flow.

So see here my "updated" flow that does ignore me on sharepoint synced desktop create/update actions:

2019-11-22 16_41_47-Clipboard.png

This should trigger on new created folders and files - also when getting created via synced desktop content, right?

All it does when I create a new folder and the a file within that folder is:

2019-11-22 16_43_24-100 BÜ (BUE-PA13a) _ Microsoft Teams.png

... saying that the folder "New Folder" was deleted (which comes from the "delete" flow).

The content is there, so the sync from my desktop was successful:

2019-11-22 16_45_32-100 BÜ (BUE-PA13a) _ Microsoft Teams.png

Bu nothing triggered my "update" flow.

The flow triggers correctly when the action happened over the browser:

2019-11-22 16_50_23-100 BÜ (BUE-PA13a) _ Microsoft Teams.png

(lots of white space due to empty document, but works as designed)

Any suggestions what to do?

3 REPLIES 3
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BGewehr ,

I'm afraid that the trigger "when a file created or modified(properties only)" of sharepoint connector couldn't check for the update of file via a synced folder on a desktop.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If the trigger does not trigger in very likely use cases, I’m afraid I have to consider it useless. How can this be improved to become usable in business? Can you forward to dev to take action?

Hi @BGewehr ,

If you would like the function to be approved, you could submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (68,673)