cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olgaoszcz
Level: Powered On

'When new email arrives' doesn't trigger on every email

I have a Flow set up to log the email event and save attachments from all the emails that arrive in my mailbox. Some of the attachments are crucial and are later processed. There is around 200 emails arriving every day to the mailbox. The Flow was running for about a month now and I have noticed I'm missing quite few attachments and email event logs. 

I need the Flow to trigger on ALL the emails that arrive, otherwise I have to reprocess them.

I belive that the setup of the trigger is correct:

2019-09-05 10_01_50-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

Is there any reason why that trigger would not work for every email? 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: 'When new email arrives' doesn't trigger on every email

Hi @olgaoszcz ,

Depending on what you describe, if you get more than 200 inboxes per day, it may exceed the current limit.

For the current Flow plan, you could refer to the Online doc below. Here is the frequency of checking the event trigger in different plans:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

I think if you receive too many emails in a short period of time, it may missing a few email event logs.

There are also restrictions on the Outlook connector. If the request is too frequent, some events may not be monitored:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#throttling-limits-on-the-office-side

If you only want to trigger Flow when the attachment is included in the email, it is recommended to set the Has Attachment to Yes.

In addition, Outlook connector has changed. Please consider using When a new email arrives (V2) as a trigger.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/office-365-outlook-connector-important-upcoming-changes/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
olgaoszcz
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Thank you for your reply.

I have upgraded Flow plan, which has been working fine so far. Also, it's just random emails that are not logged, so it doesn't look like exceeding the limits. Anyways, as I understood, those limits are gonna change soon. 

I do get several emails at the same time but that seems to be working fine. But being in that topic, is there any workaround to ensure that in situations when several emails come at the same time my flow will be triggered for every single of them? Is there any way of queueing them?

I have noticed that its usually happening with emails that come during the night/early morning. I get an email at 3.30AM, there is no other emails 30 mins before or after that one, and this one is usually not logged.

Setting 'Has attachment' to Yes is unfortunately not an option as some emails without attachments are also important for the business. 

Best regards,

Olga

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @olgaoszcz ,

Thanks for your reply!

If you feel that this problem is bothering you, please try the following method.

This time you can try to use Recurrence as a trigger, trigger Flow once a day, and get the mail received the previous day.

This ensures that the Flow can be triggered normally every day and can get the data of yesterday that already exists.

Like:

176.PNG

Expression reference:

@equals(formatDateTime(item()?['receivedDateTime'], 'yyyy-MM-dd'), addDays(utcNow(), -1, 'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Such an approach may not reflect immediacy, but it is feasible if you want to log the email event and save attachments.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 365 members 6,543 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: