Did you mean: 
jakekemme
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

When updating a flow, compose function incorrectly displayed

Actions to reproduce:

Create a flow with a compose step, enter a function with a nested function:

Compose1.JPG

Save the Flow, then edit the flow.  The Compose step strips the outer function in the display:

Compose2.JPG 

I'd expect the flow step to maintain the function as I entered it.

4 REPLIES 4

I saw this behaviour too (but attributed it to something else) as I find flows with nested functions also tend to break when looking at their history...

Have you seen that?

Paul

On further testing, my issue is related but separate. The Base64ToBinary() function is the culrpit. As soon as I use it, not only does it dissapear as per what @jakekemme reported, but while the workflow runs ok, you cannot view history 😞 

I quickly wrote a test flow with a button trigger to test base64ToBinary, but cannot make history disappear, so it is probably unrelated, or indirectly related to the compose step stripping the outer function on display

Hist2.JPGHist1.JPG

I don;t want to hijack your issue... so I wont paste further here. You will see the bug I have logged and the thread... I am working from a request triggert and passing it a JPG in the body by grabbing triggermultipartbody(0)['$content']. Interesting that it worked for you though... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,956)