cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SilviaMaritan
Frequent Visitor

Why when I create a new item I get the notification for a new item and a modified item?

Hi! 
I would like some help to fix a bug on my flow. 

Here is my flow: 
snap.PNG

It is supposed to:

- When a new item is created --> complete some fields automatically an then send a notification

- When an item is modified --> send a notification with some information about the modified item

The problem is that when I create a new item in my list I always get two notification one for the creation and one for the change of the new item. I believe this is due to the "update item" section in witch I set some defined field when I create an item.

Is there a way to just get the notification for the new item?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SilviaMaritan ,

You could add a ModifyByflow column in the sharepoint list, and if the item is modified by flow , set the column to yes, or the column would always be no.

And then you could check the column in the flow to prevent the second run.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SilviaMaritan ,

It is caused by the "Update item" action in your flow, the "Update item" action would run to trigger the flow again when an item is created.

I suggest that you could add a Condition 2 inside the if no branch of the condition to prevent the notification from run when the item is updated by the flow.

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I thought about that but I don't Know how to set the condition "terminate if the item is updated".

Hi @SilviaMaritan ,

You could add a ModifyByflow column in the sharepoint list, and if the item is modified by flow , set the column to yes, or the column would always be no.

And then you could check the column in the flow to prevent the second run.

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,298)