cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KLEVINE
Level: Powered On

Widget from iOS Not Triggering Inputs

I have a couple of buttons that require a text input - for example pressing the button to add text to add a task to my Wunderlist.  Upon pressing the button within the Widget from the iOS lock screen the flow just runs and gives me a check mark but never prompts me to enter the text or inputs that should be triggered by pressing the button.

I imagine that pressing a button requiring input would just open the flow app and allow me to type but nothing is happening.  Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Widget from iOS Not Triggering Inputs

Hi @KLEVINE,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I did a test on my side, only the input of the text box type will be prompted.

Mobile app could only support the text box input type to display.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
WF0073
Level: Power Up

widget flow.jpg

I'm getting the same:

KLEVINE

WF0073

I'm confused......the picture that you show fixes the issue where the iOS widget doesn't open the Flow button?

KLEVINE

Hello,

You requested a full screen shot of the flow- the picture i provided is how it is built.  But when i press the button through the widget on iOS from the slide/lock screen it doesnt prompt me for text it just "runs" and shows me the green check mark as the other poster noted too.  You mentioned that it should prompt me for a text input but that is not happening.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @KLEVINE,

Have you tried putting text input first? When I test, if file input is in front, sometimes the same error will occur.

Most of the time I test on my side, the order will not have an impact. We will keep track of this issue.

Please take a try and let me konw if issue still exist.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jacobbp

Did you ever figure out the problem here? I'm also seeing the same thing on iOS widgets. The flow is triggered by a manual botton tap with inputs (and it works if i press the button in the app, or on web), but when i trigger the flow from the iOS widget, the flow is just triggerede without any inputs. What could be the cause to this, and why is the msft employee seeing different results than other people here?

ClearCut

I am seeing the same thing on Android.

Run the button from within the app and text box displays asking for input. Create the button as an on-screen widget and it runs and displays a checkmark, but no opportunity to provide an input.

What should we see to enter values when the button as a widget is used?

hcarby

Was this ever resolved? Same problem. Buttons work with flow app but when using the widget screen buttons, it just gives the spin and then a check mark without triggering the flow

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,112)