cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cerebrate
Level: Powered On

WordPress connector cannot sign in

Exactly as it says above: trying to create a flow with the WordPress connector fails as soon as it comes time to sign in with the connector. I click sign in, the WordPress authentication dialog pops up and I approve access, and then I receive this error message:

connectionAuthenticationFailed. Failed with error: 'OAuth2 authorization flow failed for service 'Generic Oauth 2'. OAuth 2 sign in failed to exchange code for access token. Client ID and secret sent in form body.. Response status code=BadRequest. Response body: {"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"Unknown client_id."} Client ID and secret sent in Basic authorization header.. Response status code=BadRequest. Response body: {"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"The required \"client_id\" parameter is missing."} '. Please sign in again.

This only appears to happen when using my main, via-Office-365, account with Flow. If I instead log in using my personal Microsoft account, it signs in correctly.

Anyone else seeing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: WordPress connector cannot sign in

Hi @Cerebrate,

The error message means that your login credentials are not correct.

Which account have you used to sign up Wordpress?

Please make sure you are using the one that you signed up Wordpress and create the connection with the correct credentials.

I have tried to create a connection to Wordpress with my sign up account credentials, and it is created successfully.

1.PNG

Hope it could be your reference.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cerebrate
Level: Powered On

My login credentials to WordPress, you mean?

They seem to be correct (and are saved on this machine, since WordPress doesn't need me to log in before displaying its approval dialog unless I explicitly log out of it first). Logging out of WordPress and logging in during creation of the connector with the correct credentials produces the same error message after the approval dialog.

I note as well that the same WordPress credentials allow me to create the connector when signed in using my personal Microsoft account as do not when using my Office 365 account.

Regards,

@Cerebrate

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Cerebrate,

Have you enabled MFA for your Office 365 account?

If yes, please try to turn off it then try again.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cerebrate-org
Level: Power Up

I gave that a try, but got the exact same result when I tried without MFC enabled as I did when MFC was enabled; still the error.

Regards,

Alistair

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 290 members 5,530 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: