Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

base64ToBinary() disappearing after saving the Flow

Hello Team,

I am getting base64ToBinary() disappeared after saving the flow. Is there any update on this bug yet? 

My formula: base64ToBinary(triggermultipartbody(0)['$content']) 

I am getting file content (string based) from HTTP request and my flow as follows:

My flowMy flow

The purpose of the base64ToBinary() is to convert unknown filetype(base64) to compatible file format in sharepoint(Binary)

This needs to be addressed as soon as possible and any other alternatives would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Naga

Kind regards,

Naga

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: base64ToBinary() disappearing after saving the Flow

Hi @Nagaviswanath,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.the expression with base64ToBinary() disappeared after saving the flow.

However, even if the expression with base64ToBinary() disappeared after saving the flow, the flow would always run with expression base64ToBinary().

So don't pay attention to the expression displayed in the flow,you could run your flow to achieve your requirement even if the expression with base64ToBinary() disappeared.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hello @v-yuazh-msft

I don't think the base64ToBinary() is working as sharepoint is not recognising file type of the files which were sent through HTTP request in Flow. Sharepoint is showing these files as Unknown file format, so i believe the function is not working.

Don't you think sharepoint recognises converted Binary files from Base64 if the base64ToBinary() is actually working as you said?

Kind regards,

Naga

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I also get base64toString() disappearing - replaced with the dynamic content icon of the variable that is being processed, and i cannot re-edit the expression. It does appear to still be working but its really confusing to see.

FYI if I export this I can see it in the json:

"inputs": "\"@{variables('item_name')}\":  \"@{base64ToString(variables('item_content'))}\""

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello @Nagaviswanath, did you found a solution for this problem ?

Highlighted

October 2019, still a feature of flow. 

I have found out that:

- The base64tostring/decodebase64 works if I save once and do not reopen the flow, ever. 

- If I encapsulate the method in something like trim(decodebase64(...)) or concat(decodebase64(...),'') the editor will not remove the method when reopening. 

Not a solution, but a workaround for plain/csv/xml files. I do not know about binary. 

Highlighted

I have the same issue on the latest version of D365..

It is not resolving base64tobinary after saving the function disappears..

Is there a solution to this issue? 

Thanks...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,898)