cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andre_vans

create file in dropbox

I've a simple flow that looks for a specific email that has a specific attachment that would then copy this attachment from email to Dropbox. 

This has been running for a number of weeks without issues until today when the Create File action fails with the following message:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_file' inputs at line '1' and column '2341': 'The template language function 'base64ToBinary' expects its parameter to be a string. The provided value is of type 'Null'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#base64ToBinary for usage details.'.

This seems to be an error thrown by the code in the action and not related to any flow logic. 

Could you please let me know who to contact to have this resolved?

Thanks and regards,
Andre

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: create file in dropbox

Hi @ andre_vans,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

The error message told that  you have provided a null value in the "Create file" action?

Do you use the trigger "When a new email arrives" in your flow?Could you please share a bit more details about the configuration of the trigger?

If you use the trigger "When a new email arrives" in your flow,please make sure you have set the "Has Attachment" field and the "Include Attachments" field to Yes as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Please share more details so we could try to help you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

andre_vans

Hi Alice, 

Herewith the workflow:

Workflow

There is really not much more that I can configure. As i mentioned, the flow used to work fine for a number of weeks and then started failing with the initially provided error. Based on the error it seems to be something that _might_ have changed on the Dropbox action in that it might be expecting additional input to function - but i really don't know. 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andre_vans,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of the "Create file" action in your flow?

Please take a try to re-create the flow from scratch.

Please let me know id the issue still exists.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (6,126)