cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bo_Suto
Regular Visitor

dynamic values in emails are invisible when reviewing or editing the flow & saved links in emails are NOT saved

Hello,

I've raised these points in the general Power Automate discussion as well, but I'd like to share it here too as it is ongoing and very frustrating. 

1) dynamic value added to emails are not visible when reviewing/editing a flow even though they are there

I'm working on a HR onboarding flow in Power Automate, where a MS Form submission triggers an excel spreadsheet to update pulling in the information provided in MS Form, and then an email is sent to the hiring manager, which includes various things from the Form and/or spreadsheet. The workflow was tested and it was working fine. However, I had to make some changes to the content of the email so I went to edit the flow, but then I noticed that the dynamic values I've added in previously do not appear anymore. So I added them in again. I then tested the process and realized that the values were there, but they were not visible/displayed, as seen below:

dynamic values not visible when reviewing or editing a flow.PNG

As you can see below, in the email that was sent out to the line manager, the values appeared twice:

duplicated dynamic values.PNG

I checked my other flows as well, and it seems I have the same problem in all my flows. Certain dynamic values are not displayed even though they are there. I deleted these 'invisible' values and re-added them. I then saved the flows, refreshed the page and selected edit again. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue. I still can not see them, which makes reviewing and editing and in general, managing the flows very difficult and super frustrating. 

Another user in the general Power Automate discussion suggested that I selected the whole content of the text box (Ctrl + A), cut it and pasted it back into the text box. After that, all dynamic contents were visible again. So, the contents are still "there" but invisible. But after saving and refreshing the flow they were invisible again.

As said above this makes reviewing and editing the flows very challenging!

2) saved links in emails are in fact not saved

I'm also struggling with successfully saving links in the email. I add in a link, click save, everything seems fine, so I exit the flow. Then when I go back to my flow and I notice that the link was not saved. There is no indication, no error message, yet it is not saved. This is also extremely frustrating and makes everything VERY time-consuming. Sometimes I have to add the link in 15 times before it actually saves it! 

Link issue in emails.PNG

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
d-adair
Frequent Visitor

I am also having issues with my dynamic content and expressions being invisible when viewing/editing my flows.  Very frustrating, indeed!

daxjkent
Advocate II
Advocate II

Upvoted as this has been an issue on our end too.

franbatta
Frequent Visitor

Hi!

I've found a solution to this, you can try it:

Go to the Settings Icon on the top Right corner

franbatta_0-1648578345554.png

Then you go to the "View all Power Automate settings" option and make sure to set the Experimental Features OFF:

franbatta_1-1648578426876.png

This solved it for me.

Good luck!

Hm!  I am using the filter query feature in at least one flow.  Think it will kill it?

hmmm cant really tell. Maybe you can try it, or desactivate this option, work on the flow and then reactivate it? sorry for the lazy resolution haha

M_Sch
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same here,

i have only observed this behaviour on one tenant however. Other tenants do not seem to be affected by this. Anyone got any idea what to look out for? As far as this idea-post is concerned, there currently is no "Flow Version" to be checked.

Edit: Said other tenants are going experimental full throttle and performing really well. This one however, feels like an odd mix of experimental and old school flow. Some actions open the "Dynamic Content / Expression" panel, while others suggest the "Bold Icon / Fx" buttons. Whenever I click any of the latter, the action breaks with a red encircled 'i' symbol btw. Going to open a bug report for this in a minute anyhow.

Any updates on the bug report for the actions breaking? I've run into this issue as well.

LutzPumpenmeier

Hi,

as a small workaround for the invisible dynamic values in the email, you can click on the "View Code" icon to see the html code of the email. Then the dynamic values are shown.

Best regards,

Lutz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,675)