cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft ForrestTrepte
Microsoft

flow failed to fire a notification due to invalid connection

I have a flow that I use as an alarm, sending notifications to my phone if a receive a certain email. It silently failed to send me a notification last night. Mysteriously, the flow's Outlook connection to forrest@microsoft.com (my email alias) changed to a state "Invalid connection". I'm not sure why that happened. When I edited the flow I was able to click on the blue "Invalid connection" text and the connection fixed itself.

I think that some sort of bug occurred that caused the connection to Outlook to fail. Additionally, if a connection does fail I would like to receive a notification from my Flow app so that I am aware that my flow is not working.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: flow failed to fire a notification due to invalid connection

Hi @ForrestTrepte,

Thanks for the feedback.

If you would like to get notification for Flow failures, check:

Get notified about flow failures, customize columns for tables, and more!

The error message means the credentials stored for the connection need to be updated.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft ForrestTrepte
Microsoft

Re: flow failed to fire a notification due to invalid connection

Thanks Michael. The error handling options don't quite work for me. The once-per-week email about flow failures is nice, but it would be too late because I have already missed the important alarm. I also tried explicit error-handling in the flow itself but I found that Configure Run After was not available to handle an error that occurs in response to a failure in the Outlook email connection itself. "Cannot configure run after on an action directly following a trigger."

It would be a nice feature to be able to set my mobile app to notify me whenever any error happens in the execution or connections used by a particular flow (or a similar setting that applies to all of my flows).

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,956)