cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

function encodeUriComponent() not being displayed in flow editor

I found that when making a modification to a flow, I resolved an error, a problem, but when I wanted to show it to a colleague, my modification appeared not to be there. Even though it does do something!!!

So here in the editor the first function appears to be trim.

in the editorin the editor

I then checked JSON content of the export of the flow, and there I do see my modification!!

"Initialize_variable_ClientGroupURL": {
					"runAfter": {
						"Initialize_variable_Activity": [
							"Succeeded"
						]
					},
					"type": "InitializeVariable",
					"inputs": {
						"variables": [
							{
								"name": "ClientGroupURL",
								"type": "String",
								"value": "@{encodeUriComponent(trim(substring(body('Html_to_text'), add(indexOf(body('Html_to_text'),'ClientGroupURL'),16), sub(indexOf(body('Html_to_text'),'ClientGroupName'),add(indexOf(body('Html_to_text'),'ClientGroupURL'),16)))))}"
							}
						]
					},
					"description": "@{encodeUriComponent(trim(substring(body('Html_to_text'), add(indexOf(body('Html_to_text'),'ClientGroupURL'),16), sub(indexOf(body('Html_to_text'),'ClientGroupName'),add(indexOf(body('Html_to_text'),'ClientGroupURL'),16)))))}"
				},

As you can see I added the whole expression in the comment, in the hope my colleagues are not confused by this.

It seems the function encodeUriComponent() is affected by this.

My colleague tried the same in a different browser but gets the same results, so the issue is present in chrome and IE, and for multiple people.

Also, I see this behaviour in the test flow I made, as well as in the production flow where I applied the same solution.

I find this very confusing and I hope you can resolve this ASAP.

Thanks,

Michel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: function encodeUriComponent() not being displayed in flow editor

Hi @MichelH,

Compose can accept all types and formats of data, no matter what format or type of data you enter, as long as there are no errors, its output will become the data it should output.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I found this: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/encodeUriComponent-is-deleted-on-saving-and-then-r...

But it is not correct. The function is not deleted.

It is there, just not visible in the editor, which makes it extra confusing.

However, 2 years ago it was clear encodeUriComponent should no longer be used, but uriCompoment instead.

Today nothing in the editor shows encodeUriComponent  will be deprecated, and that uriCompoment is to be used instead.

Quite disappointing

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MichelH,

I tried to reproduce this issue and find the decodeUriComponent() function will disappear in some field should be string, but in Compose action it won't disappear.

I have report your concern to the PowerAutomate development team, if there is any process, I will let you know as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Thank you,  @v-litu-msft  Lin Tu

Is there any functional advantage/difference to use compose instead of set variable?

Michel

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MichelH,

Compose can accept all types and formats of data, no matter what format or type of data you enter, as long as there are no errors, its output will become the data it should output.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,672)