cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtwombly
Level: Power Up

how do I recover a flow that disappeared?

I recently discovered MS Flow and had a PERFECT use for it.  I created a list in sharepoint and three days ago created a complex multi-level approval e-mail flow.  It worked like a champ.  I tested every single aspect of the flow and had it perfected and even demo'd it to the users who were reqeusting the flow and it was perfect.  Flash forward to today.  The flow just flat-out disappeared.  I have no clue where it went and have looked everywhere I can think of.  At this point when I create a new list item in sharepoint the flow does NOT run.  Where is my flow?  It took 12 hours to create that flow and I'd rather not have to re-create it.  

When I go to the list item and select 'My Flows' I get the following picture as if I've never made the flow.  I only have one environment and it is selected.  See other picture.  Does anybody know how to recover my missing flow?  There is nothing under team flows.  Thanks!!!

flow error 1.PNG

flow error 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jtwombly

Re: how do I recover a flow that disappeared?

Yeah - I ended up having to call Microsoft and they were able to restore the flow.  I'm still at a loss for how it disappeared.  Having a recycle bin for flows would be handy.  

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi jtwombly,

Thanks for feedback. According to your description, you have only one environment, and the flow you created disappeared all of a sudden. Though you create a new item in the list the flow doesn’t trigger any more.

Could you please try again later to see if the flow will reappear?

I have also seen similar issues called “orphaned flows”, not sure if you are having the same issue. Please check the following thread link for a reference:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Missing-Orphaned-Flows/td-p/54009

If you are still having the issue, please feel free open a support ticket, I assume you will get qualified response at there.

I will help confirm this issue on my side, if I need more info, I will back.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
jtwombly

Yeah - I ended up having to call Microsoft and they were able to restore the flow.  I'm still at a loss for how it disappeared.  Having a recycle bin for flows would be handy.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  I cannot edit my flow or delete it but it is still running?

Microsoft please assist

santosle

I have the same problem, my flow just disappeared. jtwombly how did you call Microsoft? I did not find any numbers to call. My account is business and my flow was shared with my teammates, and for everyone in the team the flow has disappeared. The trigger for this to happen I did not find, but the last event was a small change in a flow connector and then it was saved by a user. After that the flow does not appear to anyone else. Even the email sent by Microsoft Flow with a direct link to the Flow can not open and shows the error "Could not find flow'723 ......... 702e '".

ChrisMP
Level: Powered On

Me too. Any solution? How do I call to get this resolved?

cfarrell1

My flows are all missing, not sure what happened to them.  is there a way to recover these?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the same problem.  I cannot edit my flow or delete it but it is still running?

Microsoft please assist

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 194 members 4,176 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: