Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

list rows present in a table - query filter with dynamic content

Hi all,

I'm struggling a lot with one little step of my pipeline:

I'm trying to filter the content of a table using "query filter" attribute. It returns nothing and I can't fathom what's going wrong in my parameters:

echo_davidG_0-1606317609301.png

here "batchID" is just an integer.

I can see it is handled correctly in the flow history (the variable is replaced by its value):

echo_davidG_1-1606317702390.png

but the output is empty ...

When I replace the variable by, let's say, the value 9 in the parameters everything is works fine .... but it's no longer usable as I need to capture the batchID value dynamically.

I've tried to change the variable into a string but it's still not working.

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong ? I've read many post on the subject but no solution worked for me.

Thanks and best,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-siky-msft 

Thanks a lot for your anwer.

Here is what I tried to achieve:

1. user fill a very basic form 
  2. when answer is submitted, this flow fills-in an excel spreadsheet with many information (batchID among others, batchID is increased by one for each new form submission).
  3. Return to the user the rows he just added to the table, using batchID as filter

For that, I'm listing the rows of the main spreadhseet and I wanted to filter using batchID... that's were I was stuck. When I'm not using a dynamic content it's perfectly working (with single quotes) but as soon as I want to get the batchID for this session it's not returning anything. What is frustrating me is that I can see the correct filtering query in the flow execution history and if I copy/paste it, it works !

Anyway, I've found a workaround: I'm now getting all rows from the table, then I use "filter array" + "parse json" and it works fine. 

batchID is indeed a numerical value, I tried the two following options without success in the "list from from a table" component:

- removing single quote

- changing the variable type to non-numeric type

I can mark this issue as "solved" even if I used a workaround, hope this will help someone in the future

Cheers;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? What is data structure of table1? How did you set the variable value?

If the batchID is a Number field, please try to remove the single quotes around the variable, since single quotes format the variable as non-numeric type.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-siky-msft 

Thanks a lot for your anwer.

Here is what I tried to achieve:

1. user fill a very basic form 
  2. when answer is submitted, this flow fills-in an excel spreadsheet with many information (batchID among others, batchID is increased by one for each new form submission).
  3. Return to the user the rows he just added to the table, using batchID as filter

For that, I'm listing the rows of the main spreadhseet and I wanted to filter using batchID... that's were I was stuck. When I'm not using a dynamic content it's perfectly working (with single quotes) but as soon as I want to get the batchID for this session it's not returning anything. What is frustrating me is that I can see the correct filtering query in the flow execution history and if I copy/paste it, it works !

Anyway, I've found a workaround: I'm now getting all rows from the table, then I use "filter array" + "parse json" and it works fine. 

batchID is indeed a numerical value, I tried the two following options without success in the "list from from a table" component:

- removing single quote

- changing the variable type to non-numeric type

I can mark this issue as "solved" even if I used a workaround, hope this will help someone in the future

Cheers;

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,174)