cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveG
Level: Powered On

"Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder" - doesn't work with large files

I'm using the templated Flow "Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder" which works well for most files, but for larger files (e.g. 217 MB pptx) as the file is still being uploaded to SharePoint the Flow is activated ("When a file is created" trigger) prior to the initial upload being complete, the Flow then transfers a file of zero size to the AzureBlob folder and reports it as complete without errors.

I'd suggest that "When a file is created" should trigger when file is complete, not on the first instance of record creation.

Before I dive down the scripting rabbithole, are there any triggers which do this by default?

Thanks

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: "Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder" - doesn't work with large

Hi @DaveG,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you save files from a SharePoint library to a Azure Blob Storage?

There is a limitation in Message size (File size) of a request within Microsoft Flow. The max Message size is 100 MB. More details about the Message size limitation, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config#message-size

In addition, there are also some limits in uploading files into Azure Blob Storage, please check the following article:

General limits in Azure Blob Storage connector

If you want to upload a file whose file size is more than 100 MB into your Azure Blob Storage, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/How-large-file-size-do-File-System-servi...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DaveG

Re: "Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder" - doesn't work with large

Useful info about the file size limits, thanks.

It seems that any Flow encountering a file larger than the current limit should fail and log why it failed, rather than reporting success but actually failing.

Highlighted
FastTrack

Re: "Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder" - doesn't work with large files

I have the issue with large files and the "copy folder" action.

Files larger than 20MB cannot get copied into another folder. The Flow returns "success", but only small files are copied...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 261 members 4,329 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: