cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gzgenm
Level: Powered On

"Get Calendars" function works strange

I've got one bug and one issue concerning GetCalendars action.

1. There is a bug, which is when you set view/edit permission on someone's calendar to another person using powershell,

and then that person opens that calendar using outlook365/calendar -> add calendar -> from directory, GetCalendars returns no result even if the person is able to view, add and delete all the events in it.

Only setting 'send notification mail' using powershell and clicking "add and view" in it do the trick.

2. GetCalendars returns only 256 items per account. Unfortunetaly it's absolutely unuseful for the task I'm trying to do.
I'd like it to be at least 4 times more. Like 1024 or smth 😞

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: "Get Calendars" function works strange

Hi @gzgenm,

Could you show me how is your flow created? Are you using the action Get calendars in your flow?

When you share the calendar to other people manually on the calendar site, will you get the same issue? Or does it only occur when sharing the calendar using PowerShell?

About 256 items it returns, I don’t have so many calendars to test this issue on my side, it seems that three is no related doc, either.

But from this doc, it seems that flow does have a limitation of 256 for length limit, please check it for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config

If you need more, please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum to ask for expanding the limitation:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gzgenm
Level: Powered On

Re: "Get Calendars" function works strange

1. I'm using Get calendar in my flow.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 10.46.11.png

2. It occurs when I share the calendar using PS without "-SendNotificationToUser:$true" option and thus User adds shared calendars manually. 

If I send notification and user adds it clicking on the add link in the notify email (it works the same way, when we share a calendar using web interface) - "Get Calendars" is able to get everything just fine.

I have done some research and found no way of doing the same action (open&add shared calendar) using PS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 312 members 6,268 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: