A Flow that worked yesterday is now failing. The error I'm getting is, The passed-in field "pi4a" could not be found clientRequestId: f38276c5-9593-4e23-b458-3f446e680df7 serviceRequestId: 3cf9609e-30d2-5000-c29b-ae8703d7cfa1.
I could not be more irate! That field is NOT REFERENCED for that action!!!! The action the Flow is failing on is a "Create Item" (Sharepoint). However, that 'Create Item' step DOES NOT USE AND HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN CONFIGURED TO USE 'pi4a' as an input!!! There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for my Flow to MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO RETRIEVE THAT INPUT!!! I tried deleting the 'Create Item' and re-doing it. SAME ERROR AND I HAVEN'T CHANGED ANYTHING WITH THAT FLOW SINCE IT WORKED SUCCESSFULLY YESTERDAY!!!
Hi @ ApruzzR,
Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow and the sharepoint list?
The error massage told that the passed-in field "pi4a" could not be found,
Please check if you have a column "pi4a" in your sharepoint list ,or if you have delete the column in the list and you have use the "pi4a" column in the flow.
Also please take a try to create a new flow to see if your issue could be solved.
Please let me know if your problem could be solved.
I already fixed the problem. That field was part of a different list than the one I was trying to "Create Item" on. It didn't make any sense. I removed and replaced some things and eventually I got the Flow working again. Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot, but the output from the run was really bizzarre. The name of the column was "Supervisor e-mail". I have 2 lists with that column, and although I was trying to create an item on only one of those lists using only inputs from my trigger action, the output showed "Supervisor e-mail" twice - once was the column in the list I was trying to create an item on, and a second supervisor e-mail from the other list which was not referenced at all in that step of my Flow. Of course, there was no item in that other list to get a value from, because all of the values were supposed to be input from my trigger, not the other list - and yes, I checked, re-checked, and checked again. All of the input was supposed to be from my trigger action and none was supposed to come from that other list. I don't know what happened or how I was able to fix it, other than I deleted the step, saved, and re-did it. I appreciate your help, though.
I am having the same issue.
I removed the field a while ago and can confirm there is no reference to my field on the new list. I even checked field internal names as I know if you change a field name the internal name sticks but no luck.
Recreating the flow is not an option as it will take a while as it's quite complex.
Any further suggestions please? My create item step is failing now and was working fine. I also have not made any changes to the solution... it just stopped working.
My suggestion would be to remove that Create Item step, update the Flow, and then re-do the Create Item step. That's what eventually worked for me. If you referenced dynamic content from the Create Item steps in future steps, keep the steps but delete the dynamic content that references that Create Item step. Then, it shouldn't be too terrible to fix things.
Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Flow Community forums! I see that in one of the above replies you were offered a solution to your issue! If you feel that the reply offered an applicable and satisfactory solution, please click "Accept as Solution" so that other users can find this information and utilize it easily!
Flow Community Manager
This problem continue, I have this one today. Please send this bug to the developer team to get a real fix, because this solution is only a workaround.