cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

"Start and wait for approval" action "Created by" name shows "Last modified by" person's name

Repro steps:

1. Create SharePoint Online list
  2. Create flow with "Start and wait for approval" action
  3. Let User A save a list item
  4. Flow email correctly displays "Created by A <A@domain.com>
  5. Now Let User B update same list item
  6. Flow email displays "Created by B <B@domain.com> which is incorrect
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SharePointSD ,

I am afraid I can't reproduce a similar issue on my side. All the test results on my side are fine.

Could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

Basically, Approval email will include Request by, which displays the display name of the Flow maker and email address.

8.PNG

If you configure Dynamic content-Created by email in Details, it will get the data returned by trigger.

Trigger will return which user created or modified the item. These values are determined by the trigger and are not affected by Approval action.

You could use Compose to output Created by to see the specific value.

7.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

@v-bacao-msft, please find screenshot below:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Highlighted

Hi @SharePointSD ,

In my opinion, your configuration is fine, it should be executed as expected.

My test result on my side is that if different users create or modify the same item, Requested by displayed in Approval emails is the same user.

If the item is newly created, and the user of the newly created item is not the same person as the Flow maker, then Requested for and Created by will be displayed. All that is shown is what is expected.

It should be noted that Created by/Requested by displayed in Approval email is always the Flow maker.

Requested for will change depending on what is configured in Requestor field.

You could do more tests to see the changes that may occur in Requested by/Requested for/Created by in Approval email. The test results on my side are consistent with expectations.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,934)