cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"When a file is created" on OneDrive sometimes trigger and sometimes don't

I build multiple workflows that send me an e-mail when there's a file created in a specific OneDrive folder. However, some workflows run but some don't, even though they're almost identical. The difference between them is only the OneDrive folder it refers to when the file is created.

Moreover, often times, when a flow successfully runs, the next time you apply trigger (create new file), it doesn't run anymore even though you don't modify anything in the flow.

I looked in Run History and there's no trace that it runs. No "skipped" status or anything.

I was a bit desperate so I just tried to turn it off and turn it back on, and it doesn't affect anything.

So when this happens, I usually do Test on the related flow. But when I Test it, the flow runs normally.

This unreliability makes it difficult for me to show its potential to my manager and colleagues.

Here are some screenshots which might give you an overview.

this shows on Run History that 3 days ago the flow ran successfully (without testing), but today I put another trigger and it doesn't work at all.this shows on Run History that 3 days ago the flow ran successfully (without testing), but today I put another trigger and it doesn't work at all.these are the first boxes on the flowthese are the first boxes on the flow

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @khansalina

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please take more test on your side to see if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,431)