cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkFischer

"When an upcoming event is starting soon" trigger does not work for recurring events after the first

The "When an upcoming event is starting soon" trigger does not work for recurring events after the first occurance.

Multiple people have identified this problem:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Recurring-calendar-appointments-don-t-trigger-Flow...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/quot-When-an-upcoming-event-is-starting-soon-quot-tr...

Unfortunately a large percentage of my meetings are long standing recurring events that are not triggered by this event.

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ MarkFischer,

The issue is confirmed on my side,  the "When an upcoming event is starting soon" trigger does not work for recurring events after the first occurance.

I would post this issue to my product team, if the issue is solved, I will reply here.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Has this issue been resolved or is there a workaround?

Hi.

Any news here?

Here is the workaround i am using until this gets resolved.  In office 365 calendar on the recurring event I have chosen "send email reminder".  I then configured a flow using "when a new email arrives" as the trigger.  Just creates uneeded extra steps for the flow, but it has been working for me if/until the real issue gets resolved.  Hope this helps you.

GabrielStJohn
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello, @MarkFischer!

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Flow Community forums! I see that in one of the above replies you were offered a solution to your issue! If you feel that the reply offered an applicable and satisfactory solution, please click "Accept as Solution" so that other users can find this information and utilize it easily!

Thank You!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,695)