cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcmccull
Advocate II
Advocate II

"@" (at sign) in a Condition duplicates every time you save

If you try to use the at sign "@" in a Condition, the @ symbol will be duplicated each time you save. 

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a Power Automate flow 

2. Add a Condition

3. Set the left side to some string like "test@test.com"

4. Set the right side to the at sign "@"

5. Save

Expected:

The at sign would just stay the way I typed it. 

Actual:

The at sign is duplicated each time the Save button is clicked and sometimes when you click other places in the interface

Current Workaround:

Use the Expression string('@') in place of the at sign.

I've also attached a .gif showing this behaviour:

PowerAutomate_atsign_bug.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pcmccull
Advocate II
Advocate II

The issue is very simple, if I save a Power Automate, the values that were entered should not change. Currently, when saving a Condition with an @ sign, the code that I entered is changed every time I save. Whether what I entered is an operator or not, the code should not change when you click save. If it is invalid code, then I should get an error and not be able to save. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @pcmccull 

That's because '@' is an operator in flow and flow will automatically identify it as an operator rather than string.

Please try to use:

string('@')

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

pcmccull
Advocate II
Advocate II

So, just to be clear, you are saying this is not a bug. I should expect the operators to duplicate themselves anytime I click Save. 

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @pcmccull 

Yes. I don't think it's a bug because it's an operator in Power Automate. If anyone want to reference it as plain text, then he needs to convert it into string.

Here is an example:

2.19-1.PNG

If someone want to use an expression, he edit it in expression mode.

However, actually, it appears as this in Flow:

PendingStatusDate eq '@{formatDateTime(addDays(convertFromUtc(utcNow(),'Pacific Standard Time'),7),'yyyy-MM-dd')}'

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

pcmccull
Advocate II
Advocate II

In your example, the @ symbol does not render in the user editor:

2.19-1.PNG

You can only see that by looking at the code (either in the expression or peek code). Also, when you save that expression it does not duplicate the @ sign. The bug is not that the @ sign is an operator. The issue is that when you Save it creates more @ signs. 

You actually can use an @ sign in a Filter Query and it doesn't have this duplication bug:

filter_query_example.png

This is a bug, users should not be expected to understand the internal working of Power Automate to use a low code editor. 

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @pcmccull 

Though Power Automate is a low-code platform, it doesn't mean that it is no-code platform.

Hope the following information explain better for your confusion:

2.19-3.PNG2.19-4.PNG

For more info about '@': Workflow Definition Language schema reference - Azure Logic Apps | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

pcmccull
Advocate II
Advocate II

The issue is very simple, if I save a Power Automate, the values that were entered should not change. Currently, when saving a Condition with an @ sign, the code that I entered is changed every time I save. Whether what I entered is an operator or not, the code should not change when you click save. If it is invalid code, then I should get an error and not be able to save. 

View solution in original post

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @pcmccull 

However, currently, if you use plain @ in 'Condition', then you will need to use sting('@').

If you still think it brings much inconvenience to you, you can post your idea in Ideas forum to make the feature you want to be added to Power automate in the future (if you can get more votes, then the developer of Power Automate may make it come true):

Power Automate Ideas - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,342)