cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tupsi
Level: Power Up

save email attachment on sharepoint document library is not decoding mime e-mail correctly

I tried the template "E-Mail Attachment(s) to SharePoint document library" today. In principle it works. I created a subfolder in my inbox and whenever I move/copy an e-mail with attachment into the folder the flow kicks in and saves something which looks like the attachment to my library.

"Look like" is the key here. While the file has the original name of the attachment (my tests where .pdfs), clicking on it tells me that SPO cant display a preview for me and I only get the download option. So downloading the file and checking it in an editor I noticed, that it looks very much like the original e-mail in mime format, so it looks to me, that the flow still needs some sort of post processing done?

Does anyone here use that flow sucessfully and made changes to it, so it works or is this just a bug which needs to be addressed by the microsoft team?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: save email attachment on sharepoint document library is not decoding mime e-mail correctly

Hi @Tupsi,

Will the flow be triggered when you move/copy an e-mail with attachment into the subfolder?

I have made atest on my side to move an email with attachment into the subfolder,however the flow would never been triggered.

Please share more details about how you move/copy an e-mail with attachment into the subfolder so I could make a test on my side on this issue.

Best regards,

Alice

Tupsi
Level: Power Up

Re: save email attachment on sharepoint document library is not decoding mime e-mail correctly

I just do a "right-click"-drag&drop-copy action from inbox directly to the subfolder. This triggers the flow. I used the template, but ignored all conditional gizmo, so I configured the flow to always act on the subfolder.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,776)