cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navso
Regular Visitor

Access canvas app in computer

I accessed Microsoft Store and installed power apps. When accessing the canvas app via browser, data (from dataverse) are shown but when accessing it in the power apps installed in the pc, it shows no data. No data loaded in the gallery. Any idea? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @navso ,

Power Apps basically update once a month. Without support for nearly 4 years, the desktop client is totally fall behind.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @navso ,

Power Apps studio which is working in browsers is the best approach to make Canvas Apps. The desktop client has been long time out of support since about 2017:

vjefferni_0-1627635468613.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jefferni

My app was already created but I want to access it in my desktop not via mobile and receive push notification at the same time. This will not be possible? Everything works fine when accessing it in the browser but when accessing it desktop powerapps that is installed in my computer, the data in the gallery which fetches data from dataverse are not shown. Is this related issue with the app client not supported?

Thank you!

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @navso ,

Power Apps basically update once a month. Without support for nearly 4 years, the desktop client is totally fall behind.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,296)