cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Add Existing Contact to Accounts- Record can't be added because it already has a parent record

Hi All, I have a weird issue while trying to add an existing contact to the Account through the Contacts Associated view add Existing Button, which gives the below message

Mira_Ghaly_0-1602668928453.png

Any help here?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog for nice articles: here
2 REPLIES 2
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mira_Ghaly , 

That means only that the contact you've chosen has already another account filled in, and it's not free to get related with a new account.

If you still need that contact, navigate to the contact and change the account. That should work.

Kind regards,

Diana

@DianaBirkelbach

Yes I understand that the other way works but the users will not find it handy and the issue has risen while upgrading the environment to the Unified interface but on Production with classic interface the issue isn't there. 

Is there any workaround to achieve this?

Do you know which plugin step is doing this validation? I disabled all steps on contact update but still this validation is happening.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog for nice articles: here

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (44,937)