cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShMi

Added new Table to Export to Data Lake - Now Sync is blocked

Hi,

I have been exporting a few tables to Data Lake since a few months. Now I added a new table to this data lane. The Initial sync status remains at "Not started" and is blocking the sync completely now.

Here a snap shot of the message!

ShMi_0-1617196590863.png

Can anyone help me explicitly trigger the sync.

Thanks

-S

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @ShMi,

This behavior is expected as described in the documentation. Your original tables will begin to sync again once the initial full sync for the newly added table is completed.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @ChrisPiasecki ,

Thanks. In fact I was expecting the "initial sync" for the new table to complete in a few minutes, before the sync for other tables would resume. The initial sync was blocked (or had not resumed) even after almost 3 weeks. So had to get help from Microsoft Support, who helped get the sync task reset.

Here some points (guesses) I derived at along the way:

1. There are two ways you can mark a table to "export to data lake" - either by opening the table in make portal and then hitting the "Export to data lake" and then select the data lake. Or by opening the "Export to data lake" menu in the make portal, selecting the data lake, then open "Manage tables" widget and then select the new tables.
  2. The difference in the behavior of these two methods looks that the first one adds the table to data lake with "yearly partition strategy", while the second adds the table with "monthly partition strategy" by default (of course you have the option to chose the strategy in the second method, but the "show advanced configurations settings" is well hidden 🙂
  3. If you add a table with either widget, then remove it and then add the same table using the second method. The initial sync for the new table will get stuck.
  4. If that happens the fastest way to solve is to contact Microsoft Support and get the sync process reset

Hope this helps others as well.

-S

nishantrana
Helper II
Helper II

We had the same issue, we unlinked and linked back the data lake to get it working for one of the tables.

Symira
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for the update @nishantrana

In fact, I had opened this post because the unlinking and (re) linking the tables had lead to the tables being blocked. In any case, I had to open a ticket with MS and they got the datalake sync reset from the product development team.

-S

Thanks Symira for the update. We were lucky in that case - that unlinking and linking back worked 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,504)