cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Append collected approval data to a file

Is there a way to collect response received from an approval to one file.

I built a workflow with approval and I need to collect Approver Name, Response, Comments in a file.

I was able to save the collected data to a txt file, but everytime I run the flow, it overide the record.

How can I have it sequanced, go to the 2, 3 .. next emty line?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mowafakgabal,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

If you want to collect response data from the Approver into a .txt file, when you update the txt file with a new response data (Approver Name, Response, Comments), the txt file would be overwrited.

You could consider take a try to collect the response data within a Excel file (whose data has been formatted as a table), I have created a Excel table on my side, the data structure as below:3.JPG

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

5.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Advising post your question in the relevant community like Flow. This is CDS related, you might get responses but experts are there 🙂

Highlighted

Thx, we'll do.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mowafakgabal,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

If you want to collect response data from the Approver into a .txt file, when you update the txt file with a new response data (Approver Name, Response, Comments), the txt file would be overwrited.

You could consider take a try to collect the response data within a Excel file (whose data has been formatted as a table), I have created a Excel table on my side, the data structure as below:3.JPG

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

5.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you, ScottHearer https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/27596 have advised me with this solution and it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,770)