cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kubalaml
Helper II
Helper II

Are solutions supported with Microsoft Dataverse for Teams?

Every blog / video I see on Microsoft Dataverse for Teams has you opening up Teams then going to Power Apps and creating your app directly in that Team. That didn't make sense to me since I wanted to be able to develop and test in a separate environment from where my end users were working. I ended up finding a workaround. I setup a solution by going to https://make.powerapps.com/environments/[My Microsoft for Dataverse Teams Environment] and going to Solutions where I started adding tables, apps, flows, etc. It seemed like this was the right thing to do when creating an application since it allowed me to work in my own private Team and then package the managed solution and send it over to another Team where my end users can test it out. At first it seemed to work really well, but as my application got more complex and I started adding more components, it started failing when doing the solution migration. Now I am wondering if I made a mistake in trying to separate out my environments. I can't find any documentation on whether or not solutions are something that should be supported. Does anyone have any insight into this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @kubalaml,

Solutions are now supported in Dataverse for Teams, but keep in mind it is not fully completed yet and they are still adding features/working on some of the current limitations. See the reference below for information regarding this. You should be able to download the Import log file to see where the solution import failed. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/teams/import-solution-in-teams#import-the-solution-into-d...

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @kubalaml,

Solutions are now supported in Dataverse for Teams, but keep in mind it is not fully completed yet and they are still adding features/working on some of the current limitations. See the reference below for information regarding this. You should be able to download the Import log file to see where the solution import failed. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/teams/import-solution-in-teams#import-the-solution-into-d...

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (39,640)