cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

'As in Power app' varible is not working while creating Power automate Flow from MS teams Dataverse Power App

Hello, I have an app built on MS teams Dataverse and I'm planning to create a Flow which will export the Data table into Excel. So my flow should do following

1. On Select on a button on power app, all the data from table should get passed on to flow

2. Flow simple cleans the json data into csv forms and drops the cvs excel to one Drive.

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQCBWMR7T64

Above steps works fine for My power app which is getting built outside of teams. I mean its a separate app that I built on https://make.powerapps.com/ which leverage Share point and some other data connectors.

Issue: When I create a new flow from my teams dataverse app I see following error on Compose or any other actions like 'Create CSV table' etc

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 1.30.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-09 at 1.34.49 PM.png

I do not get this error when I build the same flow from https://make.powerapps.com/ app

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 12.02.01 PM.png

Here is the specific error: "Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: The 'SetState' message is not supported for the Dataverse for Teams offering Code: 0x80090477 InnerError: '."

It looks like feature incompatible or something. Can some help with this to understand whats causing this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was system wide issue from ms teams dataverse which was resolves. Flows are now working.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
cchannon
Super User
Super User

Dataverse for Teams does not expose the webapi to anything other than bots and flows. It is the primary limitation of the structure.

"...No direct API access to Dataverse for Teams will be provided, and only apps, bots, and flows embedded within the Microsoft Teams client will be able to access the Dataverse for Teams runtime."

Link

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @cchannon, thank you for the response. However, I didn't understand it fully. I'm not trying to expose any API.
My goal is create a Flow from my team dataverse app and you mentioned bots and flows are supported.

Let me know if I need to should clarify my question or if you have any questions.

Right. So, Dataverse for Teams is not just a Dataverse instance you can run in Teams (you can do that with a normal Dataverse instance) but a stripped-down, no-license version of dataverse that engages users, but only for limited use cases.

Microsoft wants to give businesses ways to use Dataverse capabilities to solve all those really small use cases which need some kind of system but are too small for people to want to pay for D365 or PowerApps licenses. That is a narrow band, but it does exist. What they DO NOT want is for people to use Dataverse for Teams to avoid paying for licenses when they really should be paying.

So, to make sure that people can only use it for the small stuff, they put the Web API in a chokehold. It will only authorize client calls (client script API) and app registration calls (Flow, Canvas) from in-app. As soon as you try to call the API from anywhere outisde the app itself (i.e. a Flow from a different environment or an external integration point) it will refuse the connection. This is deliberate and will never change. If you need your flow to do anything with D4T data, it MUST be in that environment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sense. However, my flow is technically from same teams dataverse where my app reside. In fact when you click on Action button in the app menu and create a flow that way it automatically gets place is same teams dataverse.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 1.32.59 PM.png

hmm... Maybe it is more locked down than I thought. Is there a difference in Trigger? That is, if the Trigger event is a D4T event, does it work as opposed to if the Trigger event is, say, an HTTP Request?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure what D4T is but I tested HTTP and it give same error

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 2.46.00 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was system wide issue from ms teams dataverse which was resolves. Flows are now working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (4,047)