cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RStanley
Regular Visitor

Assigning 'Owning Business Unit' Based on Conditional Logic

We are loading data from SQL Server into a CDS entity. During the load, I would like to assign the 'Owning Business Unit' based on values that are included in the data being loaded. I've seen a number of articles on using Business Unit and Teams to control security, but none so far on assigning the values. Any guidance on how to assign the correct 'Owning Business Unit' at the time of data load?

Thanks in advance for help and guidance.

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RStanley ,

How do you load your data from SQL Server to CDS Entity? Using Data Integration Project task?

Do you want to assign the 'Owning Business Unit' based on values that are included in the data being loaded?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I suppose that you loaded  your data from SQL Server to CDS Entity using Data Integration Project task, is it true?

If you want to assign the 'Owning Business Unit' dynamically based on values that are included in the data being loaded, i afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

If you just want to share the data from your SQL Table when importing into your CDS Entity, I think the Power Query functionality could achieve your needs. Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator#advanced-data-transformation-a...19.JPG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (25,792)