cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserName1221231
Frequent Visitor

Assistance Creating Virtual Table/Entity

I am new to dataverse, and am very much struggling to find accurate documentation of how to create a virtual table for the first time, and what pages to perform the required tasks. 
I am attempting to connect to Snowflake. 

I have created a Virtual Entity. 

UserName1221231_0-1626917621638.png

UserName1221231_1-1626917655248.png

from here, I am struggling to figure out how to create a virtual table, which should have a single record containing the schema, if I understand correctly. 
I have tried to create a table by going to make.powerapps.com and using the left-side pane , data>Tables>New Table, Yet this gives me a regular table, and I have not figured out how to create the secured record that is required for the schema of a virtual table. 

UserName1221231_2-1626917864755.png

This is the step of the documentation that I am struggling on. I cannot seem to find the screen in the image immediately above this text. I am very new to azure, CRM, Dynamics, Dataverse. I do have nearly two years Power Apps/Power Automate experience. (sharepoint has been the back end mostly) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @UserName1221231,

Currently virtual tables can't be created in the modern maker portal. You have to switch to classic solution explorer.

Alternatively, you can use the make.preview.powerapps.com which has an even newer solution experience (you'll need to flip the toggle switch to enable it) and app, designer. It is in preview mode so it may have some minor issues but for the most part works very well.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @UserName1221231,

Currently virtual tables can't be created in the modern maker portal. You have to switch to classic solution explorer.

Alternatively, you can use the make.preview.powerapps.com which has an even newer solution experience (you'll need to flip the toggle switch to enable it) and app, designer. It is in preview mode so it may have some minor issues but for the most part works very well.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (927)