cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris1969
Helper II
Helper II

Associating an Appointment Row on a Centralized Customer Service Calendar to a Row in a Dataverse Table

Our PowerApp needs to create appointments on a central, application-specific calendar so that staff knows when to follow up on various tasks. For example, a hypothetical appointment might be scheduled for 10-Oct-2021 for "Follow up on Contract ABC."  "Contract ABC" corresponds to a row in our Contracts table. 

My question is: How can I make the row in the common data model's Appointment table point back to the row in our custom table, Contracts?  We need one row to point to another so that if the Contract row is deleted, any Appointment rows related to it can be cascade deleted.

I have checked online resources Appointment Entity Reference and Calendar entities but not had any luck. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Chris1969,

Acitivities such as Appointment can be related to any table that is enabled for activities (this is in the Table Settings > Collaboration > Enabled for Activities). You can then tie it back to your Contract row using the Regarding column. When setting this column in an Appointment form, it opens a Lookup view, which you'll see a list of activity enabled Tables that you can select from. 

You can then set the relationship behaviour between Contract and Appointment as desired (I believe by default it already will be set to Cascade All for Delete, but you'll want to verify that). 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Chris1969,

Acitivities such as Appointment can be related to any table that is enabled for activities (this is in the Table Settings > Collaboration > Enabled for Activities). You can then tie it back to your Contract row using the Regarding column. When setting this column in an Appointment form, it opens a Lookup view, which you'll see a list of activity enabled Tables that you can select from. 

You can then set the relationship behaviour between Contract and Appointment as desired (I believe by default it already will be set to Cascade All for Delete, but you'll want to verify that). 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Chris1969
Helper II
Helper II

This is perfect, thank you very much (I am still getting used to the concept of seeing Appointments as a form of Activity.....); sorry for my oversight.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,118)