cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elv1s

Auto-generated columns

Dear Power Apps community,

i have just recently started to explore MS Power Apps following a Udemy learning video on the topic.

I have managed to get my IT department set up a Sandbox environment for me and was about to create my first table.

However, whenever I try to create a table with just one primary key column there is a multitude of auto-generated columns showing up. I suppose this is to do with my company's dataverse setup but I have no idea how to overcome this. All I want is the creation of a standard table without masses of auto-generated columns such as "Created by" / "Created on" / "Modified by" / "Modified on" etc.

Anybody got any idea where the auto-generation of columns for power app tables is preset? Unfortunately my IT does not know anything about it. Out of the columns in the attachment I only created the column "Topic". All others were somehow auto-generated.

Many thanks for your support in advance,

Phil 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Elv1s ,

Don't worry about those extra columns!  Those are all required within the Dataverse and manage things around ownership of records, tracking creation / modified dates, and much more...  One thing can can do to simplify your view of the columns and only look at what you created is to select the "Custom" on the top right when looking at the fields to show just the custom columns you created in the table.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 4.47.34 AM.png

Enjoy working with Power Apps!  

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Elv1s,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to delete the "Created by" / "Created on" / "Modified by" / "Modified on" columns from the Dataverse table?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Actually, these columns are system columns auto-generated by default that could not be customized.

If you want this feature to be added, please raise an idea here:

Power Apps Ideas - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

As an alternative solution, I think you could create a view to configure the columns as you expect.

vqiaqimsft_1-1625732542172.png

vqiaqimsft_0-1625732460117.png

Best Regards,
Qi
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Elv1s ,

Don't worry about those extra columns!  Those are all required within the Dataverse and manage things around ownership of records, tracking creation / modified dates, and much more...  One thing can can do to simplify your view of the columns and only look at what you created is to select the "Custom" on the top right when looking at the fields to show just the custom columns you created in the table.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 4.47.34 AM.png

Enjoy working with Power Apps!  

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

View solution in original post

Elv1s

@dpoggemann many thanks for your reply. Thanks for confirming those columns are by default system-generated. I find those a bit irritating as a beginner but setting the filter to "Customs" helps a lot :).

Regards,

Elvis

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,329)