cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dokushi

Building a daily tracking editable grid with power app

Hello Everyone,

I am working on creating an editable grid in power app with dates of the year as header and the tracking variable as items in the first column, i also want be able to filter for dates in my views and also filter weekly, or monthly ..is it possible to create 365days column headers? or how do i go about this

an example is belowmonthly dash.jfifdaily dash.jfif

3 REPLIES 3
cchannon
Super User
Super User

You could accomplish this either with Power Apps Component Framework or with Custom Pages, depending on where you feel more comfortable. PCF involves building your own Single Page App, usually with React, whereas the new Custom Pages let you use a more canvas-app style UI constructor.

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dokushi,

As @cchannon mentioned, it's not possible out-of-the-box with dataverse and model-driven apps. Your options are:

1. PCF: https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/developer/component-framework/create-custom-controls-using-pcf 
  2. Canvas app (embedded or custom pages)
  3. HTML web resources
  4. Have a look at Dynamics 365 Project Operations. It contains out-of-the-box capabilities to manage projects, timelines, activities, etc. It may be suited instead of re-inventing the wheel 🙂  https://dynamics.microsoft.com/project-operations/overview/ 

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your response, would try it and give feedback

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,715)