cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Issam_Haidar
Frequent Visitor

Business Process Flow with multiple data entries in the same column (dataverse)

Hello everyone, 

I am building a business process flow, which should build an investigation path to solve problems in my company. 

In one of the business process stages, the user should define a team of people and a collections of tasks. So data entry is required multiple times in the same column (Team member name) of a table and a collection of tasks assigned to a person. 

Is there a way to have a collection of rows (e.g. team member name or tasks) defined for each row in my main table (Data entry row in the dataverse) that is building the business process flow? 

I would really appreciate your support on that. 

P.S. Under this documentation, I see in the first screenshot that it is possible to have multiple stake holders defined when entering data (refer to first screenshot right). 

Configure header properties in the form designer - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

2 REPLIES 2
GR29
Advocate II
Advocate II

@Issam_Haidar - The stake holders you are seeing in screenshot is a grid of Contacts (the table may be vary for different customer). It a 1:N relationship. In a business process flow, you usually ask for Primary contact name as mandatory value. 

Issam_Haidar
Frequent Visitor

So if I understand you correctly, I need to create another table with a 1:N relationship with my main table? 

This means that a lookup column needs to be defined in the main table. Can you tell me how you can do that exactly? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,765)