cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bejay26

Business Rule works intermittently - Unreliable

Hi,

For last 3 days I have been trying to work out why my business rules works at times and doesn't work other times. I have read numerous posts across the internet and have made all the checks suggested like

1. Yes its activated

2. Yes its part of the solution

3. Yes the relevant fields are on the forms

4. Yes the users have required permissions

The thing is as a developer I can see that it happens to me too, I have come across a post about server side cache issue. I have looked at a few posts that shows how to use browser console to torubleshoot but this is where I get lost. I consistently see an error called "cross origin request blocked" something saying preflighted. I have see this being discussed in Powerapps Portals but haven't see this being discussed in the context of model driven apps. Any help would be appreciated.

Below links for reference

Understanding Process Triggers and Business Rule internals – Dreaming in CRM & Power Platform

CORS policy. preflight request doesn't pass access... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

CORS issue and AJAX call from Power apps portal - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@bejay26 

Sometimes business rules stop working when there is an issue with one of the fields on the form like you are referencing a field which is not on the form and in that case it fails silently , so what you need to do to troubleshoot:

1. Disable all business rules

2. Enable business rules one by one 

3. Check which Business rule that stopped working

And then validate that each field in the Business Rule is on the form.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
bejay26

@Mira_Ghaly ,

Thank you for your interest in helping me.

I have 3 business rules. So as per suggestion I disabled all but one and started testing, seems like it works only on Microsoft Edge browser and not on any other browser. I have tested it on Edge, Firefox, Brave and Chrome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,724)