Did you mean: 
TesDA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

CDS Entity Auto-Generated Fields

I noticed when I create an entity that it auto-generates the following fields:

Created By

Modified By

Do you know if there is a way to change the user based data being pulled into those fields? I would like it to pull the MailNickname since that's the employee ID for my firm.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @TesDA 

The Created By and Modified By fields are lookups to the User entity and show the Full Name from the User entity (as defined in Active Directory when the user is created in CDS).  You can't change which field from the User entity that is shown in the lookup.  However, you could change the Full Name on the User record if you wanted to.  This would change the Users display name throughout the entire system though so you'd want to think carefully about that.

Annotation 2020-03-04 054338.png

I hope that helps.

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @TesDA 

The Created By and Modified By fields are lookups to the User entity and show the Full Name from the User entity (as defined in Active Directory when the user is created in CDS).  You can't change which field from the User entity that is shown in the lookup.  However, you could change the Full Name on the User record if you wanted to.  This would change the Users display name throughout the entire system though so you'd want to think carefully about that.

Annotation 2020-03-04 054338.png

I hope that helps.

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

To add to the previous post, you could create a workflow on the User entity to automatically overwrite the Full Name with the MailNickname when the user is created and/or updated. However, as per the previous post, this will affect any lookup field on the User entity throughout the system (for example the Owner)

TesDA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I dont want to change it for everything so looks like I need to go in a different direction. Appreciate the expertise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,369)