cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Etienne_Steens

CDS Export to DL - Snapshot history

So I've only recently started using Powerapps, mainly in order to export the data from our D365 CRM/CE portal to an Azure Data Lake. No problems there, the synchronization/export is up and running, and is neatly stacking my data sorted by year in .csv-files in the Data Lake. Every hour a snapshot is created for analytical purposes. However, since we have a lot of data and a lot of changes, that also means that the snapshots start piling up and are eating away large chunks of data storage. Example: our accounts-table contains about 200MB of data, snapshotted every hour until infinity (or at least as long as the export is up-and-running).

Is there any way to configure the maximum amount of snapshots the export-service is allowed to store, or perhaps a way to change the time-interval for the creation of snapshots (i.e. instead of one snapshot every hour, one snapshot every four hours)? 

If not, is there an easy way to configure/solve this from Azure portal perhaps?

1 REPLY 1
danielbazetto
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Etienne_Steens 

The last info I was able to find related to it, it was on the link below saying that it would become available in the future:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/exporting-cds-data-to-azure-data-lake-preview/

However going through our public documentation I dont see any option to configure that which makes me believe that the functionality is still not available.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/export-to-data-lake

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (80,863)