cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc_O_Data
Regular Visitor

CDS - Missing Dependencies - Importing Solution

Hello,
I have created a solution in my Dev env containing Custom Entities, Flows and a Canvas App. Trying to import it as a managed solution in a Test env, I get the following error: "There are missing dependencies. Install the following solutions before installing this one: "Dynamics365Company (2.0.777.68)" ".
I can find a solution called "Dynamics 365 Company" in my Dev env which is not included in the Test env, but however I can neither remove it in Dev nor install it in Test as it is a managed solution. I also thought the problem could be that I created a LookUpField to the OOTB Entity Contacts in one of my custom entities, but after removing the relationship I am still getting this error.
I already tried the suggestions in this thread, but without success @P_SA 
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/There-are-missing-dependencies-Inst...

Does anyone know where the "Dynamics 365 Company" solution comes from and/or how to fix this? Thanks a lot in advance

5 REPLIES 5
summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

What issues do you get when uninstalling Dynamics Solution 'Dynamics 365 Company'? A hackish way out of it would be to create another solution and carefully put only required components in it and use it.

RishabBehl31
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey @Marc_O_Data ,

You get these types of errors when you are using a field that is dependent on some other component (field, solution etc.). I would recommend you to give it a go again on all the dependencies. You sure might be using a field on a form or a view or in a flow that is dependent on "Dynamics365Company (2.0.777.68)" solution.

Check dependency on every custom/pre-built field you're using.

Other thing can be you might have removed the dependency but have forgot to remove the related entity on which your field was dependent. Try doing it again try exporting it & re importing it again in you Test enviornment.

To check dependency use this : showDe.PNG

I hope this simplifies your query if any more question let me know.

Warmly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking my inputs. If you're digging into it, a Thumbs up is appreciated! Or if my suggestion solved your issue, please Accept it as a solution. This way everyone would be able to get the solution if they face a similar problem

Thanks a lot for your support @RishabBehl31 

After Checking the dependencies on every custom and pre built field, i could in fact find a field, that is dependet on an entity called systemuser. I found this entity "systemuser" in the "Dynamics365Company" solution. So I thought this could solve the problem. I removed the dependency, but still get the same error...

I created a BackUp of my Solution and removed all components within. Importing this "empty" solution im my Test env I still get the same error.

Think I will try it the "hackisch way" @summitb  now and keep you up to date.

Hey @Marc_O_Data ,

Thanks for trying this my way out. I don't know why the error is still persisting since you've removed almost every component from the solution. But trying remaking it from start will be good way to try that out.

Warmly,

Rishab

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking my inputs. If you've liked my approach don't forget to give it a Thumbs up ! Or if my suggestion solved your issue, please Accept it as a solution. This way everyone would be able to get the solution if they face a similar problem

Let me know how it goes @Marc_O_Data . Not a good way but Sometimes mysteries of Solutions are too hard to be solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (106,119)