Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

CDS Relationships not showing in Power BI

Hi,

I created a few custom data entities in my CDS from a SQL Database. It is the Northwind sample database. In CDS I created a few custom relationships between entities, like between 'Order Details' and 'Product'. It is a one-to-many relationship (see attachment).

When creating a Power BI file of the CDS, this relationship does not come through into my Power BI file... Some other relationships do, but several of the custom ones don't. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Hilko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Hilko,

If you open the solution in classic interface, by clicking the "Switch to Classic" button. Open the respective relationship and check the "Searchable" property is set to "yes".

2020-05-10_11-37-33.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Hilko 

I have no experience with BI but did you use the Northwind Traders database that can be downloaded and instantiated in CDS?  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/northwind-install .  That one already has the relationships defined correctly.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Hilko,

If you open the solution in classic interface, by clicking the "Switch to Classic" button. Open the respective relationship and check the "Searchable" property is set to "yes".

2020-05-10_11-37-33.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @EricRegnier ,

Thanks for your post. Is the "Classic View" still available in Power Apps? I have the same problem as @Hilko and when I connect the CDS in PowerBI the relationships don't come through, but I don't know how to get to the form in your example.

Thanks,

Greg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (9,708)