Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hilko
Advocate II
Advocate II

CDS Relationships not showing in Power BI

Hi,

I created a few custom data entities in my CDS from a SQL Database. It is the Northwind sample database. In CDS I created a few custom relationships between entities, like between 'Order Details' and 'Product'. It is a one-to-many relationship (see attachment).

When creating a Power BI file of the CDS, this relationship does not come through into my Power BI file... Some other relationships do, but several of the custom ones don't. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Hilko

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hilko 

I have no experience with BI but did you use the Northwind Traders database that can be downloaded and instantiated in CDS?  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/northwind-install .  That one already has the relationships defined correctly.

View solution in original post

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hilko,

If you open the solution in classic interface, by clicking the "Switch to Classic" button. Open the respective relationship and check the "Searchable" property is set to "yes".

2020-05-10_11-37-33.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hilko 

I have no experience with BI but did you use the Northwind Traders database that can be downloaded and instantiated in CDS?  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/northwind-install .  That one already has the relationships defined correctly.

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hilko,

If you open the solution in classic interface, by clicking the "Switch to Classic" button. Open the respective relationship and check the "Searchable" property is set to "yes".

2020-05-10_11-37-33.png

Hope this helps!

Hi @EricRegnier ,

Thanks for your post. Is the "Classic View" still available in Power Apps? I have the same problem as @Hilko and when I connect the CDS in PowerBI the relationships don't come through, but I don't know how to get to the form in your example.

Thanks,

Greg

Davidew

I have the same problem. I create the relationships in Dataverse and I can't see them in power BI. Have you found a solution? I also read the answers below but they didn't workd.

Hi @Davidew,

How did you create the relationship in Dataverse, with Lookup columns? If so, Power BI should automatically detect those relationships. My previous post with the screenshot is to explain how to show the relationship within Power Apps, not Power BI. Here's an example of PowerBI detecting the relationship, I used Direct query with no transforms:

EricRegnier_0-1646597394769.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (3,292)