cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrunoT_CH
Regular Visitor

CDS and Qlik Sense

Since the last entries are from 2018 to this context. Is there newly a possibility to - sorry to say, but a requirement - use Qlik Sense as the visualization layer? I'm aware that the MDA has to be used (iFrame) for embedding e.g. Qlik Sense reports, but how do I can connect with Qlik Sense to the CDS made for a specific App? 

2 REPLIES 2
ben-thompson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Qlik Sense doesn't seem to have an adaptor for CDS so you are left with two options - one valid for now and another arriving later.

For the moment your best bet is to create a SQL server connection. To do that you will need a SQL Server Database in Azure and to install the Microsoft's Data Export Solutions on CDS. The Data export solution then extracts the data (in virtually real time once configured and the initial data is loaded) to the SQL Server database in Azure and you connect Qlik Sense to that Database.

Going forward it was announced last week that there will be a SQL Connector endpoint for CDS data see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/cds-sql-query . It requires using a users CDS account (for data security reasons) which is great in a PowerBi world but I'm not sure how it would work in a Qlik Sense world. 

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Hi ben-thompson

many thanks for your input. It's really a pity to use Qlik Sense, but anyhow, I just following your path. I'm curious.

Feedback follows.

BR Bruno

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,002)