Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

CDS deleting lookup data

Hi everyone, 

I have a form application with a lookup dropdown for the machine name. The associated ID from my machine name entity is stored in the CDS which is directly connected to PBI desktop. 

Yesterday I had an issue where I noticed that all of my codes had gone missing even though they were there on Friday... luckily I had the data exported so I could patch the tables. Today, being a skeptic, I did my first few entries and refreshed my PBI tables to see that it was successful - the machine ID was being stored. 

However about 100 entries later I refresh the PBI tables and ITS GONE. The only entries that still had the machine ID stored were the most recent 5. WHAT? 

I have attached an excel file of the PBI table with the columns in question highlighted. I have filtered it to be just todays entries to demonstrate the predicament. They were all entered in the same form, back to back. 

If somebody could please help me better understand and avoid this, that would be amazing. 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Update: I have solved it in that the machine list was set to refresh daily, erasing the associated machine code. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Update: I have solved it in that the machine list was set to refresh daily, erasing the associated machine code. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @ashleylinkewich ,

I'm so glad that you've solved your problem.

Do you have any other problems?
If not, could you change your issue's Status to "answered"?

Thanks!😀

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (13,043)