Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

CDs an image fields

Hello,

i use image fields with

patch ... {field: addimage.media}

and now power apps out of the blue tells me that the field is of type record and I am sending text.

Tested, I can use multiline text and store the image, but why and what was changed and how will it develope,

thanks

brgds

jan

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mardex ,

Do you want to update image field in cds by using add picture control in powerapps?

Firstly, you need to use this to represent the image in add picture control:

UploadedImage1.Image

So the formula should be like:

Patch (...,...,{field: UploadedImage1.Image})

Secondly, you need to have full permission on the Note entity.

If you want to update any attachments including images, the file will be saved in Note entity automatically.

So the permission of   Note entity is important. Or else you can not update successfully.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Good day,

thanks for your answer. 

1. It was working as described in my email and now not any more

2. Even if I take uploadimage.image it is not working any more

3. There was a change to the Image and file fields as I saw and I guess it stop working then.

For your INFO: It was a working app and stopped working!!!!!, so I can tell you that I didnt make a mistake (normally I do 😉 )this time. Now I need to use a text field for the images!!!!! and dont know how to use the image fields any more. 

BRGDS
Jan Held

Highlighted

Pls see below and attached:

Attachement one: entityimage is the Image Field in CDS and said to be type Record and my PowerApps "Field" ist Type Image

Attachement two: The entityimage is type Image field in my Settings in CDS

SEE MY ATTACHED PICS

Highlighted

Have you heard anything on this? - It's a huge problem for me as well.

/Lars

Highlighted

Dear Lars,

no didnt here anything abt it. When it started I was kind of thinking that I am too stupid and the formula is wrong, but I tested and tested and for me I do it in the following way now. I am 90% shure that something was changed in CDS and not jet in PowerApps.

When you safe the Picture it is mainly text and I store this in a multiline text field with max letters.

Its working for me, but if Microsoft is changing all this later on then we might have to change this again then.

(I didnt check this, but you might also safe it via a Flow)

BRGDS
Jan 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (15,957)